[CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST] UN Women Moldova invites civil society organizations to become members of UN Women`s Advisory Group
Date: Monday, July 30, 2018
In the framework of its new Strategic Note for 2018-2022, UN Women Moldova is launching the process of establishing a new country Civil Society Advisory Group (CSAG). Civil society is one of UN Women’s most important constituencies - providing a dynamic source for ideas and policy perspectives, partnerships and support for the organization - which can assist UN Women in achieving its strategic goals. Closely linked is the vital role played by civil society in advancing shared objectives in promoting women’s rights, gender equality and the empowerment of women.
In the framework of the new UN Women Moldova Country Strategic Note for 2018-2022, UN Women will focus on achieving results under three impact areas, namely:
- Women lead, participate in and benefit equally from governance systems
- Women have income security, decent work and economic autonomy
- All women and girls live a life free from all forms of violence
Role of the Advisory Group
The CSAG is a mechanism for regular dialogue, between UN Women and leaders from the gender equality movement, on key gender equality issues and priorities at the national level. The CSAG has a double and complementary role — as advisors to UN Women and as advocates for the realization of the gender equality agenda.
The goals for the CSAG are:
- To foster dialogue and engagement, with a view to advancing goals of gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- To enable UN Women to consult with civil society and draw upon the rich and diverse expertise, experience, outreach and networks, perspective and knowledge that civil society can offer.
- To serve as a consultative forum of ideas and strategies for UN Women’s programming, including identification of the most pertinent and emerging gender equality issues in the country.
Members of the Moldova CSAG will serve as a CSAG member for a period of two years. After the expiration of this period, they can apply for an additional term and in case they are selected, can serve for another term of two years. Membership in the group is honorary and members will receive no remuneration. CSAG members join the advisory groups as eminent individuals, in their personal capacity and not as representatives of their organizations.
How to apply
Qualified candidates who are interested in becoming a member of CSAG Moldova are invited to submit their application form and CV in English or Romanian language to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Moldova CSAG application” in the email subject line.
Application deadline: 15th August 2018.
Applicants may submit as part of their application recommendation or nomination letters by civil society networks/coalitions.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only selected candidates will receive an acknowledgement.
For complete information, please see the Terms of Reference.
The Application Form can be download here.